YouthResource Application 2019-2020
YouthResource (YR) is a year-long development and leadership program designed by and for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Questioning (LGBTQ+) youth of color. YR leaders will be provided with personal, professional and political development to enhance leadership skills.YouthResource leaders are responsible for providing their communities and communities around the country with information, resources and education to address LGBTQ+ health and rights.
YouthResource leaders will engage in the following activities:
- Attending Urban Retreat
- Learning, organizing, and mobilizing around HIV related issues such as eliminating stigma and decriminalization
- Leading advocacy campaigns around LGBTQ+ issues
- Monthly conference calls
- Writing social media posts
- Coordinating and participating in LGBT Health Awareness Week events
- Coordinating and participating in National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day events
- Collaborating on #MyStoryOutLoud digital storytelling project
- Attending and/or presenting at National Conferences
Members of YouthResource are youth leaders under age 24 who are actively involved with a youth-serving community-based organization, a student group or any other organized group.
The time commitment for YouthResource is for a one-year period, including face-to-face trainings/webinars. YouthResource leaders will receive training on the resources, information, and tools of education and mobilization.
YouthResource members qualify for a stipend upon meeting the requirements for the program.