ESHE Convening Meeting
The Goal of the Convening:
The 2017 ESHE Convening will increase capacity of SEAs to sustain PS13-1308 ESHE activities through focused strategies within 4 OAH sustainability factors.
The Objectives of the Convening:
- To increase capacity of SEAs to integrate programs or services into local infrastructures for the institutionalization of teacher professional development. (Factor 5)
- To increase capacity of SEAs to secure community support of PS13-1308 ESHE activities through the communication tool of “Storytelling”. (Factor 4)
- To increase capacity of SEAs to build a leadership team to support PS13-1308 ESHE activity sustainability. (Factor 6)
- To increase capacity of SEAs to create strategic partnerships to support PS13-1308 ESHE activity sustainability. (Factor 7)
- To increase capacity of SEAs to create strategic partnership with SEA, NGO, and PLC at ETR colleagues to support PS13-1308 ESHE activity sustainability. (Factor 7)
To view highlights from the Institute, including workshops presentations and materials, please see below.
- ESHE Convening Agenda
- ESHE Convening Presentation Slides Day 1
- ESHE Convening Presentation Slides Day 2
Additional session materials:
Institutionalization Ideas for Professional Development Programs Targeting School Districts
What’s in a Story?
- Seven Tips for Storytelling
- Sustaining Sexual Health Education in Rhodes Island: A Tale of Partnerships and Data
- Reducing Barriers to the Delivery of Sexual Health Education and Sexual Health Services in Florida’s Public Schools
When You Need Them the Most: Making Your Needs Your Stakeholders Needs
- Factor 6: Building a Leadership: Team Identifying Internal and External Leaders (adapted from OAH Factor 6: Activity 1)
- Factor 7: Create Strategic Partnerships: Mapping Your Networks (adapted from OAH Factor 7: Activity 1)
How To Lead When You Are Not in Charge