Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective (YWOC4RJ Collective)
The Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective is a collective of 14-24 year old activists working towards ensuring reproductive freedom for all people. Advocates for Youth will develop the Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective at the local and national level to decrease sexual health disparities in communities of color, advocate for the inclusion of young womxn of color in creating solutions to address the impact of reproductive oppression, and empower a new generation of reproductive justice activists within the progressive movement. We are accepting interested YWOC4RJ activists on a rolling basis to grow and engage young womxn of color as issues impacting young womxn of color are elevated in the media and through our work.
“Goals of YWOC4RJ Collective and Leadership Council:
- We TRAIN and develop young womxn of color leaders using a reproductive justice framework to be impactful organizers that spark change within their communities and build the next generation of reproductive justice freedom fighters.
- We EDUCATE our communities on their sexual health and reproductive rights to decrease sexual health disparities within communities of color.
- We MOBILIZE and develop campaigns to fight back against all forms of reproductive injustice.
Are you a young womxn of color who is committed to reproductive justice, looking to grow your leadership skills, and connect with other young womxn of color across the country? Apply for the Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective HERE and keep checking back for the application to join the Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council in 2020!
AimaloghiUniversity of Texas Rio Grande Valley
AnaUniversity of Texas at El Paso
ShanteLoyola University New Orleans
SofiaMetropolitan State University of Denver
The Future is YWOC Campaign Goals and Issue Areas:
- Racial Justice
- LGBTQIA Justice
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Abortion Rights and Reproductive Freedom
- HIV/AIDS Awareness and Ending the Epidemic