Advocates for Youth is seeking a digital content manager focused on creating video content centering youth activists as well as managing Advocates digital channels. The ideal candidate is a creative with experience deploying big-picture strategies to attract new audiences.
The position would work closely with the communications team, organizers, sexual health experts, and partners to execute a proactive and reactive digital strategy supporting young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The digital content manager should have experience and a strong interest in social justice, be able to assert Advocates’ voice and positions externally, and be able to build forward-thinking and original strategy, while keeping track of details.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Strategic Projects, Lincoln Mondy.
- Create, film, and edit video content centering youth activists and Advocates core issue areas.
- Write content for Advocates for Youth’s website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok social channels.
- Collaborate with the communications team to produce creative, bold strategies and content to combat attacks on young people’s health and rights.
- Regularly identify potential opportunities and angles to proactively insert Advocates’ priorities and work in current events.
- Manage incoming social amplification requests from partners, staff, and youth activists.
- Draft social toolkits, video scripts, and other messaging materials as well as day-to-day social content.
- Closely monitor reproductive and sexual health health digital media to identify key trends, new outlets, and new influencer targets.
- Posts material to Advocatesforyouth.org and maintain news section of website.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of digital, communications, or campaign experience is strongly preferred.
- A portfolio of video projects demonstrating creativity and fluency in the visual arts.
- Expertise with Premiere Pro, Final Cut, or similar video editing software.
- Must be a self-starter, able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to digest large amounts of information quickly and turn it into concise, compelling audience-friendly language.
- A demonstrated grasp of the digital media landscape, including newer, non-traditional outlets and social media.
- A demonstrated interest in social justice and/or the policy issues surrounding youth reproductive and sexual health/rights.
- Understanding of youth advocacy and youth centered policies and practice preferred.
- Ability to develop “big picture” strategy while keeping track of details and ability to think “outside of the box.”
SALARY RANGE: $55k-65k commensurate with experience
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth partners with youth leaders, adult allies, and youth-serving organizations to advocate for policies and champion programs that recognize young people’s rights to: honest sexual health information; accessible, confidential and affordable sexual health services; and the resources and opportunities necessary to create sexual health equity for all youth. Some of the core issues Advocates works on include abortion access, LGBTQ rights, contraceptive access, gender-based violence, sex education, and reproductive justice.
HOURS & BENEFITS: This is a full time position (35 hours per week) and includes flexible compensatory time, health and dental insurance plans, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, professional development funds, and student loan pay-down benefit upon start date.
TO APPLY: Fill out application form. Deadline 6/30/2020
Advocates for Youth is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and strongly encourages people of color and LGBTQ people to apply.