Advocates for Youth is dedicated to creating programs and promoting policies that help young people make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health. Advocates for Youth relies on dedicated staff to accomplish its mission. Below are current job and internship openings.
Online Organizing and Outreach Coordinator
Application deadline: 6/6/13
The Online Organizing and Outreach Coordinator will support Advocates’ Communications Department by integrating outreach, community organizing techniques, digital strategy, and effective communications. Working primarily on the 1 in 3 Abortion Destigmatization Campaign (www.1in3campaign.org), the Online Organizer and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for creating and managing online efforts to increase the reach of and public engagement with the project.
- Maintain a stable of bloggers and social media influencers to engage regularly, keeping them informed about the 1 in 3 Campaign and the importance of abortion storytelling.
Continually find ways to identify and recruit/convert new supporters, reach new and diverse audiences online, and get them involved and excited in the 1 in 3 Campaign and other online programs.
- Optimize the organizational email strategy. With staff, create and manage email campaigns, including regular outbound emails and newsletter programs.
- Collaborate with a variety of staff members to create action campaigns that use email, online petitions, visual content, social and digital media, and mobile tactics to increase our reach and engage our community.
- Manage and coordinate Advocates’ social media presence, working closely with cross-departmental colleagues to meet organizing goals, increase engagement, and grow online following.
- Produce regular reports indicating progress on campaign and program goals. Develop and analyze email and social media performance reports. Implement and monitor test plans.
- Stay current with new and emerging technologies and apply to Advocates objectives; suggest new tools that will engage and empower our staff and youth activists.
- Design share-worthy visual content.
- Create compelling written content for web, blog, emails and social sharing.
- Provide other support to the Communications team as needed
- Demonstrated ability to create successful new media and social media campaign plans.
- Demonstrated interest in Advocates for Youth’s mission; must understand and enthusiastically support the 1in 3 Campaign and Advocates for Youth’s other work.
- Experience with online organizing and fundraising campaigns, including both email and social media.
- Fluent in social media as both a communications tool and an organizing tool
- Excellent writer with an understanding of best communication practices on all social media platforms
- Experience with an email marketing software platform such as Convio, Salsa, Kintera, Blue State Digital, etc.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently, prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
Experience in community or field organizing.
Photo and video editing skills.
Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary history by 6/6 to
. In your cover letter, please include an example of how you have supported an organization through an online organizing and social media campaign.